Friday, April 29, 2011

Thoughts in German

     In less than a month I will be at the ranch riding.  I will be meeting up with some friends from Germany that  I have not seen in over a year, and I am very excited!!!  Because we haven't seen each other in so long I wanted to make a special gift for my friend Michaela, and thought a set of handcrafted cards for her to use when she returned home would be nice.  It didn't seem right to use English on them, as I assume she will be sending them to German friends or family, so I asked a friend to help me with German - I am hoping she likes them.  This is one style and I will probably work on making another style for her also. 
     It has been a crazy week as we get the house ready to put on the market.  There are painters here and I am working hard cleaning closets, and packing up excess stuff.......right now I think stamping keeps me sane!!!
Supplies used:  Cardstock, a western stamp from my many (can't remember who it is by), Memento Ink, Copics in Warm Gray, Browns and Yellow.  My computer for the sentiment.

8 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a cute image and you picked the perfect colours to bring it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift for your friend! Love this wonderful scene and you beautiful coloring! Wow! Cleaning, packing, getting ready for guests and creating beautiful cards all at one time! She is WOMAN hear her ROAR! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card, they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea and card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of you to make these for her!! Enjoy your time riding!! I know you must really be looking forward to it! Remember, pack your craftroom last.. lol!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry...your card is sooo wonderful with that adorable image and beautiful coloring!!!! Your friend is going to love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB card, Sherry! Have fun at the ranch, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet gift for your friend, and so kind that you went to the extra work to personalize it in German!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10