Saturday, April 7, 2012

By His Wounds

      As I got some cards ready for Easter this was one of several I put together. For my background I used an Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp of three crosses, and repeatedly stamped across some kraft card stock in brown ink.  The sentiment, from the same Our Daily Bread Design set, He will Rise, is stamped on a coaster that I ran through my Grand Caliber with a Spellbinders die and then used some gold Krylon to ink the edges.  I cut several leaves from a Cheery Lynn die that I positioned in the corner, and then put a flower I made in the center of them  (a picture tutorial of how I make my flowers is posted on this blog).  The inside reads "Alleluia, He is Risen".
     I also used this sentiment on a cross I made that I purchased from Michael's. The cross was edged in gold so I used gold leaves below the sentiment.  Instead of cards I made a few versions of this cross and sent them to friends.

Thanks for stopping by,
Materials:  Our Daily Bread Designs He Will Rise, Spellbinders Die, Cheery Lynn Die, Krylon Pen, Pearl, Cross from Michael's

Challenge:  Word Art Wednesday Challenge 22, Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Easter

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry! I am always blessed by your beautiful art. This is no exception. I especially enjoy your sweet vintage style. Thanks SO MUCH for linking up with us and playing along in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. The challenges are simply more fun when you are able to play along - I just LOVE your work. Thanks for sharing it. Good luck, and I really hope to see you again next week. Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and wonderful scripture! Love the leaves you've added! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and cross.Love that verse! Really like how you repeated the crosses on the kraft, Just beautiful. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I came over to your blog, your cards are really beautiful. I love the simplicity of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10