Monday, June 18, 2012

Red, White and Blue



     It may not be the Fourth of July yet, but this past week was Flag Day (I always remember this day because it is also my DH birthday).  Recently I have been playing with some small frames I purchased at Michael's.  The first few I covered with paper and I really liked them, but I wanted to try my hand at painting and stamping one.
     I covered this small frame with some Red Apple acrylic paint, then I took the Wood Background stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs and inked it up with some brown ink.  The stamp is not quite wide enough to cover the entire frame so I had to stamp it once, then eyeball it and stamp it a second time.  I think it turned out very nicely and I have more ideas to play with this same look and maybe aging it a little.
     Wanting to enter this in the challenge over at Really Reasonable Ribbon I then took some cute little 'red, white and blue' ribbon and with my score tape layered it across the bottom.  After looking through tons of images and ideas for the center I settled on a computer generated sentiment that I stamped over with a Northwoods Fireworks stamp, and then jazzed it all up with the large blue stars around it.
     I will be entering this in the Our Daily Bread Designs challenge for summer in the USA, I think fireworks are a big part of the summer celebrations....I am very patriotic, one of those people who cries when they play the National Anthem.....
     Be prepared to see a few more things with these frames I bought 24 of them when I was in the store, I'm thinking Christmas gifts for some Bible Study friends and family!!!
     Thanks for visiting,
Supplies:  Michaels Frame, Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp, Basic/Basic Ribbon, Star Rhinestones, Northwoods Rubber Stamp 

Challenges:  Really Reasonable Ribbon #50,: Red, White and Blue, Our Daily Bread Designs ODBDSLC112 Summer

4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful frame for the fourth! I've been doing a lot of stamping and painting on wood lately too. All these wonderful stamps can be used to make so many beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you framed the sentiment Sherry!! How perfect!! The ruffled ribbon and stars are the perfect touch!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic project for ODBD shining the light challenge, sherry! love the woodgraining on the frame. thanks for playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful altered frame! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10