Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happiness.....

     A few weeks back I saw this sweet horseshoe die by Provo Craft used on a card, I knew I had to have it, and was able to find one for sale on e-bay.  When it arrived I couldn't wait to use it.  The first set of horseshoes I made were with a pewter colored paper and I scuffed up the edges with silver ink.  Once I laid the card out I determined I needed a different color horseshoe.  I ran the die thru my CB again with brown paper and used my gold Color Box ink to scuff the edges, giving it a nice used patina.

    This Mustang stamp is a favorite of mine from   Serendipity Stamps.....so regal looking. While I wanted to use my new horseshoe die, I will have to admit that this card really ended up  being about the inside.  I am not sure what this layout is called but when I saw it here I had to try this cut and fold technique. It was pretty simple, all I needed was a 5" x 10.5" piece of card stock, a few cuts, and scores an inch wide, and viola -- a lovely looking and unique pop out for my inside.  I made a second card with some fabulous polka dot paper, its is posted over at Splitcoaststampers.
     When I was finished with this card I gave it to my friend Lori who owns a beautiful thoroughbred named Tuscany - I thought she would appreciate it.

Materials:  Serendipity Stamp, Hampton Art Sentiment, Cuttlebug Die, Spellbinders Die, Xyron, Krylon Pen





4 comments:

  1. That is a really beautiful stamp Sherry, and I love how you used the horseshoes. I also like the stamp inside. Nice fold, thanks for the link! :-D It really does look fabulous the way you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Will be making a few. I have been looking for a horseshoe die cut. Can I ask where you found yours? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to take so long to answer your question. I store my dies in a cd folder - this particular one was bought at a scrapbook convention and I didn’t keep the packaging - THEN today I pulled out some old tags from my Christmas stash and what do you know they were in the plastic sleeve this die came in. The company was Tessler Crafts and I purchased them from the scrapbookusa.com booth. Hope you can still find them - if not I’d be happy to rain a few thru my machine and send you some.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10