Wednesday, October 3, 2012

For the Cure

     Its "Hope you can cling to" over at Splitcoaststampers the entire month of October.  Each day has a challenge you can participate in making a card, and then hopefully putting all those cards in the mail to Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.  So far I have manged to get three challenges done, two I am still working on.  Beate's challenge certainly took me out of my box for colors, using grey with a pop of color, but it was fun, and I really liked the finished project.
     Yesterday's challenge was to make a cupcake holder or box....which of course can't be sent...but we were also asked to make a card with it.  Boy - talk about a challenge.  First and foremost a cupcake NEVER needs a holder in my house as it disappears much too quickly for such a thing.  I do like a good challenge though, so I made a cute little holder on a pedestal  (not nearly as cute a the other participants, whose creations I am still drooling over)......and a sweet little card with a couple of cupcakes to match.  The BEST part of the challenge was HAVING to go to the grocery to buy the cupcake that went in the picture, which of course, after I had handled it, HAD to be eaten :) - it was a rough challenge but I got it done.
     Today we are using five words on the front of the card as our focal point - being the over achiever I sometimes am (aren't all stamper) I used five words on the inside and the outside.  If you have a chance you should visit Splitcoaststampers and join in the fun.



Thanks for stopping by:

4 comments:

  1. Stunning wee creation honey!
    Such a fab set of cards! Adore that bear and cupcakes!!

    Just to let you know you were picked to join the Dream Valley Design team! Check it out!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally unique creations, love this. Got your addy at outlawz, I am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Texas girl had to head right over here when I saw your blog title!
    I have been enjoying your beautiful HYCCT entries over at SCS and now I can get a closer look here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10