Tuesday, March 26, 2013

By His Wounds

     During Lent a group of musicians and worship leaders from all across the South have posted a daily devotional on You-Tube - I have been following along daily.  They have actually been using material and readings from the Book of Common Prayer - which has been interesting as some have never used this book before and their insights into the scripture has been a breath of fresh air.  Just a click of my mouse and I can have as much time to mediate and pray during the devo as I need.  How exciting this week is as we travel through Holy Week into Easter......As I have said before, this season begins much earlier for me, at Christmastime.....you can't have the cross without the creche.  I am humbled by the sacrifice Jesus made on my behalf. It is with joy that I look forward to celebrating His resurrection this Sunday.

     I have had a great time making some explosion boxes for Easter and today I worked on a 'pop-up' card. Once again I went to my 'go to' stamp from Flourishes....this is the perfect size cross, and the Easter Lilies that adorn it are just beautiful.  I stamped, colored and then cut the cross out....I also stamped a second cross that I then cut the center Lily from and colored.  Using some scrapbook adhesives I popped this up on the cross.
     Using my circle dies (offset) I cut a piece of silver to place behind my image.  With my Cheery Lynn dies I cut some greenery to place around my cross.  An Easter sentiment was placed inside of my Elegant Oval Frames from Our Daily Bread Designs and cut with their matching Spellbinders die.  A little bling, because this is a festive and awesome day I am celebrating, and the inside of the card is complete.
     For the outside I used a larger Elegant Oval Frame from Our Daily Bread Designs with a sentiment from their 'He Will Rise' set.  I cut out and colored a lily for the corner of the die.  Keeping the cross in mind I ran the  front panel of my card through my Grand Calibur with their M-Bossabilities wood die.
     Time to be getting some of these in the mail - Easter will be here before I know it.


Supplies:  Flourishes Stamp, Our Daily Bread Design Stamps and Die, Cheery Lynn Die, Bling, M-Bossabilities, Copics. 

Challenges:  ODBDSCS148 He is Risen, Cheery Lynn 73 Celebrate, Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the lilies. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, this is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sherry. All those beautiful details inside are amazing. I love it, and can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pop up in this card is sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bu ekran gnl yetenei ile baz keylogger tarafndan kullanlan pratik bir uygulamas bir transportation sadece tkladm yerlere evresinde kk
    ekran grntleri almak job and go to your rivals?

    Also visit my web page - keylogger detector

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whata stunning card inside and out Sherry!! I love the pop up design. The lavender on the inside and your rich purple on the outside. The verse is perfect for Easter!! Thanks for sharing your creation at ODBD this week! Have a blessed Easter.
    blessings and hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational Easter card!!! Gorgeous image, I love that you made it pop out!
    Thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kush....this is awesome! Love all of the beautiful details you put in this card. You will have to teach me how you did that! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10