Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bloomin' Fun


     Oh yeah - still loving my Silhouette.  A co-worker requested a Retirement card for her mother.  I wanted to do something a little different. The flower pot and insert were purchased from Silhouette and are designed by Lori Whitlock.  While the flowers she has with that file are nice, they are just a little too one dimensional for my taste.  So, fortunate for me I had another file I had purchased (also by Lori) for a 3-D flower.  These were much more suited to my needs and with the click and drag of my mouse I was able to take her large flower, and scale them to the size I needed. Oh the joys of the Silhouette.  After cutting my flowers I used my stylus to shape them and bend the edges....then I layered them together and added some small glass beads to the center.  They flowers didn't quite fill the space, which was fine I wanted it to look like a pretty busy pot of flowers, so I added a few flowers from Recollections. Then I die cut a few leaves and shaped them, as well as punching a few pieces of greenery from a Martha Stewart leafy punch.  Then I adhered them to the background piece - on some of the pieces I used my Collal glue to keep the leaves raised.

      I assembled this pot, and then used my Silhouette to type a sentiment, and print and cut it to the size I needed for the inside. Adding to the reality of this bouquet I placed a little 'lady bug' in the corner.  Of course this card is a little thick with all those sweet blooms so I handcrafted a box to put it in with a belly band around the middle. My co-worker was pleased.

Supplies:  Silhouette Cameo, Lori Whitlock Designs, Recollection Flowers, MS punch, Button, Glass beads, Embossing folder, Ribbon, Collal glue. 

Challenges:  One Stop Craft Challenge - Summer Colors, Word Art Wednesday #88

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card you made! I like all those flowers!!!
    Thank you for playing with us at OneStopCraftChallenge :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, it is so bright and cheerful and the flowers are beautiful.

    Melanie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning! I love the blooms coming out of the top of your flower pot and how you've implemented it all into a card. It's really beautiful. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share your wonderful art in our challenge this week. I am always SO blessed and SO grateful when you are able to join us, cuz your art is always SO amazing. I hope to see you again soon, and have a very blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful pot of flowers. They look so perky. You certainly used many different artist supplies or tools for this.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing the diverse gifts and talents.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! Wow, wow and wow! Did I already say WOW??? Love it! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10