Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Birthday

     I just wish to say that I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo - while I have only owned it a few months, and have nary a clue as to what it will really do, what I have been able to accomplish has sure made my life easier.
     My SIL will be turning 50 this month and I wanted to get a card made for her.  I've known her since she was 15 and I began dating her brother...she was a maid of honor in our wedding 33 years ago.  While it was tempting to make one of those real 'Oh my your over the hill' cards, I decided to use Art Impressions oh so cheerful bird, cough, cough......but more importantly I wanted to make a step card.
     While I have patterns for step cards I decided to use my Silhouette to make this one.  Oh my, how easy peasy.  I had purchased the cut file for this step card and decided to re-size it to a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  The file also contains the cuts for the side pieces as well as a circle and scallop.  It was oh so easy to re-size the layered pieces right on my machine.  Layers on my step cards have always been a challenge to me, it may be easier for others, but certainly not for me.  This machine made them a piece of cake - ALL proportioned the way they should be.  I did fussy cut my image after I colored him with my Copics - I hadn't at that point decided exactly how this card was going to be put together when I inked him up.
     Then I did a 'first' for me - I used the cut pieces in my file and manipulated them to make this inside cut that wasn't included with my purchase (imagine me grinning ear to ear in pride for this small accomplishment)!    Of course, I was also able to make, with a few clicks on my computer, the outer layer as well.  Before actually cutting this I typed my sentiment, scanned it, then placed it in my cut file, sent it all to the printer, then loaded my printed copy into my Silhouette and BAM a lovely layer for the inside of my card.
     Can I just say life is good!!  My file is now saved and when I decide to make another step card I just have to click, open, cut, and assemble.  Time to get this card ready for the mail.

Supplies:  Art Impression Stamp, Copics, Silhouette Cameo, Computer, Cardstock, scissors

Challenges:  Fab'n'Funky #178 Anything but a square, Word Art Wednesday 87 Anything Goes, Splitcoaststampers, F4A176


3 comments:

  1. If that's the "bluebird of happiness", then I wouldn't want to see the unhappy bird. LOL
    Thanks so much for sharing with us and please join us again real soon.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a great time with your Cameo. That bird looks like Scrooge when the third ghost appeared. It is surely a keeper. Great work.
    Thank you so much for stopping by and showing us your very unique and lovely art.
    The BLESSING of the Lord be upon you,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card for your SIL, make me chuckle! Great to hear you're having so much fun with your Cameo. Thank you for playing along with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10