Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Haunting

     Oh yes, it was a busy Monday in my little stamp castle......one might be a little confused looking around wondering whether it is Halloween or Christmas, but the stamps and paper were flying.  This little treasure was made using the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die .  I love creating cards that are in an unusual shape, I especially like creating cards that just don't look like cards!  This one comes with its own easel stand (that I designed on my Silhouette Cameo).  I was tickled recently when I read a post from another stamper who said she sends an easel with all of her cards as she considers each to be a work of art. The idea was conceived from a card I Pinned by 01Tink  - while I LOVED her idea as a Sympathy card, I knew it would work for some holidays as well.  The idea became a reality after a recent trip to my fave stamp store Impressive Ideas, in Roswell, GA - it is where I purchased the Authentique paper that I used in this and another project I'll post below.  This won't quite fit in a conventional envelope so I made a box to send it in. I rolled the sides of each page on the rounded edge of my counter top and used some Collal glue (a silicone based glue, also purchased at Impressive Ideas) to keep the pages opened.


     My next project was made with purchases from Impressive Ideas as well, and inspired by the coffin they had created and had on display.  I purchased the wood coffin that measures approximately 6 x 3 inches.  I painted them black and then (with the use of my Silhouette) cut various papers from Graphics 45 and Authentique to decorate them.  I can't tell you the fun I had at Michael's picking up some goodies like the spiders for the inside.
    This is the outside back of one, and front of another.  Honest to goodness they are soooo cute and were such fun to make.
     I cut out some of the cute little witches, the moon and the clock from the Graphics 45 paper (I think some of this has been discontinued).  The bat background is from the Authentique pad I purchased.  The sides of the coffins are covered as well - just a blast to put together, can't wait to put them in the mail.


    Thanks for stopping by and Happy Haunting!!

Supplies:  Graphics 45 Paper, Authentique Paper, Embellishments from Michael's, Silhouette, Various $1.00 sentiment dies from JoAnn's, Collal Glue, Scissors


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10