Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vintage Valentine Pop Up


     
My inspiration for this card came from the original 1908 Valentine's card that was my grandmothers. Sacrilegious as it may sound I took the card apart and scanned it to use.  The truth is that while the card holds sentimental value to me I like knowing that is being re-purposed, so to speak, being used in a new card. Like the original card I made this one a pop up as well.  You can see below that the card folds down when you open it and it has an unusual shape with the front cover not going all the way to the top.  The original card inspired me to create the piece this way.  


While I enjoy the look of vintage cards I just couldn't see making this one all frilly, lace and glitter....I instead chose a harlequin print stationary in my stash and some Spellbinder dies to create my own look


Below is a copy of the original card -  I have post cards from several holidays that were my Grandmothers. As I handle them I am always touched that she had family that loved her so and amazed at how well these cards still look at over 100 years old. 

Materials:  Computer, Spellbinders Dies, Cardstock, Designer stationary, rhinestones, vellum, embossing folder



1 comment:

  1. What a treasure that card is......but you are quite a treasure too! This will definitely have a place of honor in someone's keepsakes! So happy to see your beautiful work, Kush! Hugs to you girlfriend....and lots of 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10