Sunday, March 16, 2014

Easter Chick....


     The last week and today has found me working on several Easter cards.....this little chick is a stamp I purchased last year. My first thought was to stamp it, color it, layer it on a die and put some bright busy paper in the background......but I instead decided on a more clean and simple look (If you know me then you know that clean and simple does not usually describe my style at all).
    Using my Silhouette Studios text feature I typed the word happy and merged it with a rectangle.  The word Easter was typed and the cut feature turned off to print the word instead.  I also did an internal offset to create a golden yellow line around my word and shape to coordinate with the background paper I decided to use.  After printing and cutting I stamped my little chick next to the word Easter and with my Copic markers colored him in.
     I like the yellow polka dot paper and how it coordinates with the little chick....definitely the kind of card that brings a smile to my face when I am finished.  Patting myself on the back for keeping it simple as well.
   

Materials:  Silhouette Cameo, Crafts Mart Stamp, Copic Markers, Designer paper, Brilliance card stock

Challenges:  Featured Stamper gallery for Yours Truly at Splitcoast Stampers 3/16/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10