Monday, August 4, 2014

Exploding Box for a Boy

     It is pretty obvious from many of my posts that I like doing Exploding Box cards - I especially enjoy trying different themes, and styles.  For some time now I have toyed with the idea of making one that could be used for a guy.  Last year when I gave my hairdresser a set of note cards she was thrilled....so thrilled that she asked if I could do more work for her and we would barter.  Her son's 13th Birthday is at the end of the month and she wanted an Exploding Box card for him, just my opportunity to play.  He enjoys sports AND his family collects antiques of all sorts.  When I saw this Graphic 45 'Good Ol Sport' 6 x 6 paper at Impressive Ideas (my fave stamp and paper shop in Roswell, GA) I just had to have it. 


     My usual cake is a round cake that I designed with dripping frosting down the side.  I didn't think that was manly looking so I created a square cake.  So many square cakes you see have ribbon around the outside - those were my inspiration, I just took it a little further and designed a two layer cake with designs from two of his favorite sports.  Again, I didn't want to get toooo many details since this is a guy card, so I kept the lines simple.
     As usual I used my handy dandy Silhouette Cameo to create and cut the entire card and panels. This means I have saved the files and can make another of these whenever I want, and I want to do that soon.

     I get my hair done tomorrow and will be delivering this with some other things she requested, and a small surprise.  Most of the other items were done using my Silhouette as well - best money I ever spent on a machine.  

Materials:  Card stock, Silhouette, Free Clip Art, Graphis 45 Paper, Ribbon, Zip Dry Glue, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10