Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stella Says Sketch Challenge

Sketch challenges sometimes frustrate me -I have my own ideas and having to follow a certain layout makes me have to think harder.  For many they are easier, simply cut your paper to the match the sketch layout and viola!  I usually have my image in mind and then have to decide how I think it will fit into the sketch.  The background of this changed several times, as did the image - and layers were added behind layers as I finally started laying out the image I had colored.  In the end it all turned out well, but it certainly took me longer than I thought (it didn't help that I uploaded the new Silhouette 4.0 recently and there is a whole new learning curve to using it that I am still working to figure out - ugh!) The picture really doesn't do this justice - I love the papers, the solid red and green are out of my stash and pretty old, the plaid is Rustic Noel by Paper Studio. 

This image is a digital from Bugaboo Stamps - I love the whimsical look and fussy cut around him.
  


What you can't see in the picture is that after coloring the scarf, hat and nose with my Copics I used the Clear Wink of Stella on the face to create a nice sparkly look on this happy holiday fella.

Thanks for stopping by.

Materials:
Bugaboo Digi, Silhouette Cameo, The Paper Studio, Copic Markers, Card Stock, Computer

Challenges:
Stella Says Sketch Challenge 514

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10