Friday, March 16, 2012

Rejoice

     The last few trips to the craft stores have found me looking through non stamp aisles with ideas flowing through my mind.   When I saw this inexpensive metal cross at Michael's I bought a few to play with and decorate.  This is my favorite, using stamps from Flourishes He is Risen set.  I used a Krylon Pen to edge the cross and the Spellbinders die that has the sentiment on it.  I have found that a quick spray with some clear Krylon helps set the gold leaf keeping it from rubbing of.  The flowers were colored with my Copics and then cut out by hand, some are mounted with foam, while others aren't.  I played with some leaf ideas but really felt like it was getting too busy.  I'm thinking of sending this in place of a card to someone - overall it is 8 inches by 6 inches and would ship pretty easily.
     I have also been working on a small oval box with my favorite Mustang stamp and some awesome leather ribbon around the outside.....hopefully that will be done soon.   Purchased some nifty wood frames that I have covered in paper, hoping to stamps some images and sentiments and mount them inside with some embellishments.  All this playing means I need to catch up with cards that need to get sent but it has been fun.

Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:  Metal cross from Michael's, Spellbinders Die, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Flourishes Stamps, Krylon Gold Leaf Pen, Copic Markers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10