Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Love & Happiness.....

     I saw this layout and design posted on Pinterest by Jo Ham of Its My Creative World.  Can I just say she is one creative lady.  You may have noticed from several of my posts recently I have been making wedding cards for some friends.  It was while wandering through Pinterest one evening that I came across this beauty.  I CASED her work, changing the coloring some, I also changed  the sentiment and die it was printed on, and instead of  using a flower I chose some different embellies.   Jo designed this half round step card for use with a Silhouette, I just had to download it and try it on mine -- I love step cards and just couldn't pass up this great shape.
     There is a learning curve on the Silhouette and on this card I learned several lessons I thought I would share.  First, Jo said in her blog that after cutting and folding you would have to cut the excess outside edge, no problem.  My little experience with Silhouette has taught me that the dashed lines for folding can get a little worn and sometimes tear easily if you are too rough - it took me two tries on this card to get it the way I wanted it.  What I learned was that right after cutting those excess edges, take the time to then adhere the background while it is laying flat.  Playing around too much with my first one caused some stress on the fold lines. I also discovered that the pieces she included in the cut file for the background weren't really to size - while they fit the main circle, the edges of those change after you hand cut it......I am going to play around and see if I can change her pattern and save it.
     The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil -- ya'll know how much I love Mo's designs).  The lovely couple was colored with my Copic Sketch Markers....I also used my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen to give some sparkle to her gown.  I ran my Cheery Lynn small flourish die through my Cuttlebug about 4 or 5 times to create the embellishment behind the couple, the white background was also run through the Cuttlebug with a Valentines embossing folder. After generating my sentiment on the computer I lined up my Opulent Oval die over it and cut it out adding a darling little Dove from Jolees.
     Know that I fell in love with this card and was obsessed all day putting it together.  Using my Silhouette is still very new to me - it can do so much and I know so little.  If it weren't for great tutorials by ladies like Jo, and others I have pinned, I would be at a loss - they inspire me to practice, practice, practice using this fine machine as a tool in my paper crafting world.


Materials:  Silhouette, Mo's Digital Pencil, Copic Sketch, Spellbinders, Jolees, Cheery Lynn, Cuttlebug, Gelly Roll

Challenges:  Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
  

5 comments:

  1. Love the card shape and the swirls. It's really elegant and unusual. You make me want to dust off the Silhouette machine!

    Melanie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought you had done it ALL, you come up with something so breathtaking, and thoroughly GORGEOUS!! Sherry, you are a true artist of paper crafting and I LOVE what you have done with this card!! You TOTALLY ROCK!! LYMI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Kush! Love this gorgeous step card and I am sure that the happy couple will too! All of your sweet details and beautiful coloring make this one a keepsake, for sure!! Hugs, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful The black line really defines everything....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO pretty! It will no doubt be treasured for many years to come. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share with us, and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10