Saturday, June 11, 2016

A 3-D Goodbye

My daughter recently asked me to create a card for her manager who was leaving and moving back to England.  Her original request was for one of my Exploding Box cards, but with this gentleman moving I suggest she let me create something else.  After perusing the Silhouette store I found a Lori Whitlock file (the Hidden Binding Suitcase Mini Album) I liked and purchased it.  I just love the instant gratification of being able to purchase from the Silhouette Store any time of day.  
This particular cut file was intended for use as a photo album - but I knew it would work perfect for what I needed to do.  I changed the file to have more of a traveling suitcase look since this gentleman was moving, by adding straps with holders to go around the suitcase along with some stickers that depicted traveling. For the wrap around I  simply adapted the top piece from the handle and added some long strips that I ran through the additional handle piece.  Her manager oversaw several departments and I liked the idea of using the picture holders within the suitcase as signature cards for each department.  
I placed clip art photo of Atlanta on the main page, then used the front of the first holder for the sentiment.  Each card that pulled out had a different department on it.  The back page had some clip art depicting the London skyline.  
Each department was able to pull their card out and write various messages and sign their names.  
This card turned out just great and I am sure I will be creating some more for future use. I have no doubt it would be great used for pictures like it was created for.  I have a few more creations to post but I need to get the pictures loaded into my computer. I have added this to the Silhouette Challenge 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10