Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge 85

     Its Saturday night and it has been a long week of rain and storms here in the St. Louis, Missouri area.  Please take a moment to say a prayer for those in the area where a  tornado hit last night.....it was only about 15 miles from me and my heart goes out to those who lost homes and belongings....while it is fortunate that no one died, and true that belongings can be replaced, I can't even begin to imagine what they must be feeling and going through, not only today but the next several weeks as they begin to clean up after such destruction.    
     It has been my goal this week to get a  card done for the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge 85 and finally had a few minutes to sit down and play.  We were to use versa mark or color on color someplace in the card....I decided to keep it very simple and stamped my background stamp from Heartfelt Creations in versamark and then stamped it again in versa fine black and cut the sentiment out.  I mounted this on some lovely silver paper, that really doesn't show up in the picture and put a few rhinestones and a sweet little butterfly on the card to complete it....certainly nothing fancy, but a card I know I will use. 
     Easter Blessings to everyone!!!


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sentiment and card.

    So sorry about the tornado which hit nearby... seen it on the News here in the UK. Very sad. The world is certainly being hit bad with various natural disasters... People need the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice verse for this very sweet and pretty card. You are fortunate to have been spared the tornado when you live so close. I'm sorry for the folks who suffered the devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The verse is lovely and what a pretty blue background!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10