Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Little Birdie!

     I have been having stamping withdrawal!!!  Two weeks ago I had the privilege of working with Kelley and her husband Rick of Our Daily Bread Designs at the Gateway Stamping Convention.......what fun it was to help them out and get to know them both.  They have doing shows down to a fine science and it was exciting staying till the end and helping them take things down.....I so admire organized people. 
      Of course, since it was a stamp convention I had a lot of fun getting some new stamps - but not so fun when that thing called 'life' kept me too busy these past two weeks, and I couldn't get into my stamp room.  Had a few hours today (which I may not have again for a week) and decided to get something done.  I loved this new paper Susan Winget paper I got from K & C Company and dug out some old Stampin Up Eggplant Envy to so with my new stamp from ODBD - Bird and Butterly Labels.  This card will be entered in the Our Daily Bread Design Challenge this week as well as the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  The second picture shows the hand detail I used, but I decided I liked it only going part of the way around, just a little something different.  I also used a stamp from the Bird Borders and Corners  (ODBD) set on the inside of the card and envelope.  



Supplies:  ODBD stamp and coordinating Nestabilities, Stampin' Up Eggplant Envy Ink, DP, ribbon left on a bag at the store from J Jill, Edge punch

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I wish I could have gotten over to Collinsville! It sounds like you had a great time and glad you've gotten to squeeze in some crafting time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your card. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. love it.

    have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card!! The paper is perfect for the stamps you used!! Love your colors and design!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you got to spend time with the ODBD People! Beautiful card and a lovely color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my...what gorgeous colors and stamps, Sherry, and I love the beautiful ribbon treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry! I love all of your designs and your blog too. It is also nice to meet another wonderful sister in Christ.

    I am so glad to have found you at The Outlawz Follow Me forum and I am now following you. I hope you will visit me at my blog, Tickell Expressions.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful, Sherry! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry! I'm so glad you had a good time helping out at the show! Your card is gorgeous! LOVE the color combo! I hope things will settle down soon for you! I know how we all get when we don't have that stamping time! :)
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just beautiful! Love the design so different from what I do, I just can't seem to get these clean lines and make them look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is beautiful and just love the stamp - so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10