Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Meaning of Christmas

     When it comes to Christmas there are so many beautiful stamps to choose from.....so to sit and make a card is always challenging and fun as I play and decide what image and sentiment to use.  Ones I send personally will always reflect the reason for the season with a sentiment or image that refers to the Greatest Gift ever in the birth of Jesus.  I just loved this image from Inkadinkadoo and the sweet sentiment by Morning Star Stamps - "The setting was humble, the cast was divine".  Inside I used a Stampabilities sentiment "May the glory of Christ's birth bring you joy and hope at Christmas time and always"......


     I made a few cards using this stamp and some great paper I found, Simple Elegance (with foil) by Paper Studio.....I colored the images with Copics.  This is a beautiful and fun image that can be used and layered in various ways.....truly can't decide which is my favorite, but the one below is going to be entered into the challenge over at Stampin Sisters in Christ, Challenge 120, Luke.


Materials used:  Inkadinkadoo Stamp, Stampabilities "Glory of Christ" sentiment stamp, Morning Stars Stamp sentiment, Copics, Embossing Folder, Nestabilities dies, Card stock.  


Challenges:  Stampin Sisters in Christ #120, CHNC #51 Anything Goes for Christmas, Marks Finest Paper, Christmas Stampin' for the Weekend, Christmas

10 comments:

  1. Sherry, these are all so beautiful. I love that stamp. Good luck on your challenge. Merry Christmas and enjoy your family over the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. Love how you did this image with different dp and embossing.Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards - so good to see some with the true meaning of Christmas - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 51 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image and beautiful cards.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome image. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card for this week's challenge...inspirational and beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSIC...and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry I LOVE this image and your cards are beautiful! Truly they do convey the true meaning of Christmas!!! I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with all God's richest blessings!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are all gorgeous. Thanks for playing in Speedy's Challenge. Wishing you and yours peace and joy in this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Sherry...what gorgeous christmas cards!!! The image is sooo beautiful and I love all the different papers and designs you used!!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry! So nice to find your blog, and to read about your love for the Lord in this post on such a beautiful card. Yes, Jesus is the real reason for Christmas. How blessed the world would be if everyone knew the joy He brings us each day. I would like to invite you to visit my blog, and if you'd like - I would enjoy "following" one another. Hope you will visit me, and follow along if you're interested.
    Also, I wanted to invite you to join in a fun challenge blog that encourages participants to use scripture/inspirational quotes in their work. Hope you will consider playing along at: wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - We could really use your talent at Word Art Wednesday, and hope you will visit soon.
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10