Friday, December 30, 2011

My Refuge

    This is an older stamp from Stampin Up that I have had for quite some time.  I wanted to create a masculine looking card to use and thought that these deer would be perfect.  I used my Prismacolors to shade in the background and the animals.  I used a lovely scripture sentiment from Proverbs that I have from Our Daily Bread Designs and some paper from The Paper Studio.  You can't tell but I sprayed the layer with the stamp on it with some shimmer mist for a very nice effect.  This is a card that will be going to the Church bookstore and I will be entering it in the challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs.    


Thanks for stopping by - Have a Blessed Day,

Materials: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture 7, Stampin Up, The Paper Studio paper, CS, Gold CS, Shimmer Mist, Prismacolor Pencils. 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Word Art Wednesdsay. We're so glad you chose to join us, and I really hope you will play along again this coming Wednesday when our Design Team starts up. We're so glad to have you, and good luck!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Sherry!! The verse is perfect with that image!! Great for a guy or girl and I love that dp. Happy New Year!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous Sherry. Wonderful colors for a masculine design! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous scene and is a great idea for a masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Sherry! Happy New Year!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sherry, I love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
    Happy New Year
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I bet that shimmer looks great in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful cards, the verses and stamps all just gorgeous. Happy New Year, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10