Monday, October 14, 2013

With Sympathy

     While I enjoy creating cards I always find it a challenge to be asked for a Sympathy card....you want the card to reach out and touch the recipient, yet words are so difficult in those times.  My co-worker needed a card for her Aunt who lost an older daughter pretty suddenly.  As I surfed the net I came across a blog that had a poem that brought me to tears.  The woman posting it had lost a child and put this poem, she had received, on her blog because she was so touched by it.  There was no credit for who wrote it (I may have to Google further to find out and I will update that info if I find it).
     It was such a long poem I struggled with putting it on the inside of the card.  Should it be on vellum as an overlay on some lovely paper with hearts in the background, should it be shrunk down and made so small it couldn't be read?  Finally,  I decided it should be the background of the front of the card.  I printed it in grey ink and adjusted them so that the words went around the die I wanted to put in the middle -- two hearts, the poem ends with a reference to the heart.
     It is simple and yet I think it conveys a lot of heartfelt thought.  I kept the sentiment on the inside simple

Materials:  Computer, Spellbinder Die, Heart Embellishment, Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry....what a awesome and different card for a sympathy...I would never of though of your idea!! Great Job!! love those 2 lil hearts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10