Friday, July 8, 2011

MOJO198 and Gettin Blingy!


     As I was checking some of the many blogs I follow I was drawn in by the MOJO Monday challenge.  I just really felt the need to follow a layout and see what I could do - this meant stepping out of my box!  I have this crazy paper I purchased by Anna Griffin Inc....it has an animal print and is actually fuzzy.  The original plan was to use it for some coaster size decorative items I was going to make but I ended up using another pattern. It just seemed to call for bling and more bling when I got to going on it....I really like the new Nestabling by Want 2 Scrap - so easy to use and looks fabulous with the dies.  I also thought this was going to be a birthday card for a friend who love animal prints but as you can see that didn't happen.  The picture really doesn't do this justice......it is really very striking looking......it was actually fun to create. While it may be hard to believe that gold bling down the side is ribbon/decorative purchased from JoAnn Fabrics. 

Challenges:  Mojo Monday (MOJO198)
                       Dreamvalleychallenges - Challenge 10 Ribbon
                  Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #62 Anything goes with a sentiment
                       Jac-Inks Papercraft challenge #12 Dies
                      http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com - something from your stash
           

Supplies:  CS, Spellbinders Nestabilities S4-182, Nestabling by Want @ Scrap, Stampabilities Sentiment, Fancy Ribbon, MS Butterfly Punch, Anna Griffin DP, http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

  1. I like it! I love JoAnn's Fabrics, the store is full of great stuff and I like ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love all your bling ... your ribbon is gorgeous, don't think I've ever seen anything like it! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun paper, and I love the little flags too. Great sketch work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card love that paper thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Sherry! I love the animal print design and those butterflies. So much gorgeous bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and sentiment, Sherry! Love it!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, love that paper you used also.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love that fabric paper!! Great verse.
    Thanks for entering the Art Impressions challenge this week
    Barbara - Art Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. very lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat card. Love that background paper. Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is really gorgeous!!! I love the bg! It's rich looking and the butterflies are a pretty touch! LOVE the Nestabling!!! Really pretty card Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just a wonderful card! I really like the color combination that you used! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I love the paper you used - very cool!

    Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, Sherry, this is fantastic. Love the whole look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh, so pretty and elegant...love the paper you used and the butterflies are the perfect finishing touch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining us at jac-inks challenges. Your card is delightful with such a strong colour choice and simple arrangement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10