Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Worthy Cause For Your Cards

 

    Card making is a craft/hobby very close to my heart.  I have enjoyed playing with paper and ink for almost 10 years now.  Most of the cards I make go to friends, family and the occasional place that purchases them.  Since I feel I need a purpose for what I make - I do keep a stash  - but we all have to admit that our stash can grow and get a little out of hand.   I have often not jumped into some of the fabulous challenges in blogland feeling the card I create for the challenge 'may' not have a place to go to and my stash is at its limit.
      So imagine my joy when I happened upon a blog (with challenges) that collects cards to send to children in the hospital!!!  As I get ready to work on cards for the fall holidays I am excited thinking of cards to make and send, as well as taking part in challenges now that don't have to be specific to the card I need at the moment.
     Maybe ya'll have been aware of this and smarter than me all along but I am really excited and wanted to share this blog with you in case you too might want to send them some cards.  I know many people make cards for our soldiers - and that is an awesome thing to do.  But, sometimes the cards we make are more childlike in nature and these ladies provide you with a great way to use them.  Check out Send a Smile 4Kids and think about sending some of your cards to them.

Thanks,


6 comments:

  1. Yes this iS A GREAT cause Sherry! I also put a revolving card rack at my church with a donation box that is locked and I only open it occasionally. ALL the money donated goes to missions. There are so many good things to do with our cards!!! Thanks for being so diligent to want them to go to someone special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I'm going to go check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry. Thanks for the great tip. I will check it out.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I hope you got to enter my contest.

    Have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about this site, Shelly....I will have to go check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, Shelly! I will check this out! Always looking for someplace to send my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry,

    This is a great cause and thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10