Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bows and Bling


     This card was made for a co-worker whose father passed away.  She is a talented and creative woman who re-purposes vintage jewelry into beautiful bracelets.  I am lucky enough to own one.  While all my co-workers are women, she just stands out as a 'girly' kind of girl, so I wanted to make an especially feminine looking card for her.  The stamp is by Our Daily Bread Designs and I used the matching die with it.  My inspiration for this card came from one Becca Fekken - at Amazing Paper Grace. I didn't use quite as many details as she did, but the same stamp and bow design.  It is always an inspiration to receive her updates by e-mail.  I struggled with something to use around the die, I knew I wanted black but not something too solid and strong -so I dug into my die box and came up with a Cheery Lynn die.  I made the stick pin, even coloring the pearls with my Copics to match. Adding a stick pin for an embellishment has been a personal goal of mine for a while, it was with pleasure that I added it to this card.  My sweet and lovely bow was made using the Becca Bow Maker, a recent addition to my stamp room....it really does help make a lovely and consistent bow for a card.
     The card size is 5 x 7 - with the bow and stick pin I needed to make a box to present this card in. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture before I delivered it.  It was really neat looking, I used the same embossing folder for the top layer of the box and backed it in black as well.  To finish it off I punched a 12 x 2 inch piece of paper with a  Martha Stewart lacey edge punch and created a belly band for the box.  I adhered some ribbon around the band with a simple bow.  
     My friend Katie has been encouraging me to play along in some challenges so I am putting this card in the challenge over at Flourishes....FTTC214 (Layer two or more ribbons together) - I think using the lace and ribbon together qualifies. Also joining in at Word Art Wednesday and Cute Card Thursday.

Supplies:  Our Daily Bread Design Stamp and Die, Ribbon, Lace, Stick Pin and beads, Embossing Folder, Copic Markers, Cheery Lynn Die

Challenges:  Flourishes FTTC214  , Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes, Cute Card Thursday Something Borrowed

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I see a stick pin! Start making stick pins.....check. Enter some challenges.....check! You go girl! This card is absolutely over the top gorgeous! My favorite is the beautiful stick pin. I hate that you needed this card but I am sure that it brought comfort to it's recipient. This is truly lovely, Kush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very romantic card design. The detailing is incredible. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Goodness.....this is absolutely STUNNING!!!! And what a treasure of a piece....Your friend is going to love this as it is going to touch her heart for sure!!!! Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. What a gorgeous card. I love the way you did the bow, and the added pin, and the coloring is fantastic.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE that ribbon and all of your details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond beautiful! I am guessing that you have one of those amazing bow makers - I just LOVE your bow, and I also love how you matched that gorgeous stick pin to your bow. Just lovely! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this delightful creation in our challenge this week. What a blessing to have you play along with us!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know how to say what is in my heart. This card is really so beautiful. It makes me want to just realx and gaze at it.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, you have put a lot of thought into this, just thought I would stop by and say hello and say how beautiful your card is.

    Vic

    Handmadecardsbyvicki.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popped over from Word art Wednesday,
    I just love this creation, stunning card, beautiful pin, and a lovely bow.
    I made my own Bowmaker, I love tying triple bows.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely stunning!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh la la! It's stunning Sherry! I love your gorgeous pink ribbon and lace together - fabulous bow! Thanks for joining us for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" at Flourishes this week.
    Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new follower! Found you through The Outlawz forum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10