Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Still Waters

     Got my new stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs - This scene so appealed to me when it was released.    I am always looking for stamps that can be used for masculine cards and that go well with scripture, this fit the bill for me.
     This week I decided to join in on the Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers and it seemed the perfect challenge to use my new stamp with, and will also work with the challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs this week for wood or stone.  I stamped the background for the look of wood, then I stamped and embossed my image on a rectangular piece of kraft card stock.  It is embossed because I then took some bleach and washed it over the water to add a little different tone to the monochromatic look.  Both of the rectangles were mounted on black card stock and laid out per the sketch.  A little twine with an anchor to finish it off - I couldn't find the compass charm I KNOW I have, arghhh, need to do some cleaning in this room!!!  All in all a nice looking card to add to my stash, one that will not be there long before it is sent out.

Supplies:  Our Daily Bread Design Wood Background and Waves on the Sea, Pigment Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Kraft card stock, Black card stock, twine, brad turned into a charm. SU chocolate chip ink, Spellbinders Rectangles Die

Challenges:  ODBDSLC154, SC436

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card, this set appeals to me as well. but I am resisting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, great effect with the bleach. This set got my attention too, I didn't even try resisting and I should be receiving it any day now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, oh man, now I REALLY can't wait to get my stamps from ODBD - such an enabler you are - love this gorgeous scene, Sherry - you have such a wonderful gift and use it SO well! LOVE THIS CARD, so I will have to case it for sure!! Hope that is okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was this is a great guy card! It's beautiful hun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bleach is such a perfect addition to this card. Such a rich masculine design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh awesome card...I love this wood BG, and the new set of the boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome Masculine card Sherry!! Love the kraft and black with that stamp and the anchor charm is perfect to finish it off!!Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge.
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10