Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Western Glass Horse Ornament


     One of several ornaments I made to take to the Ranch next week as gifts for friends who will be there.  I stamped on acetate with Staz-on the colored on the reverse side with Sharpie paint pens. I cut around the image in a circle, leaving a piece on top to prevent the image from sliding all over once I inserted it into the glass ornament and added some sparkly/glittery confetti to look like snow.  The ribbon was the most difficult part, and that was mainly deciding which style and color I liked.....after this picture I found some lovely ribbon at Michaels that is silver and red and has wire which makes it easier to shape on top of the ornament, good thing I have more ornaments to put ribbon on.  Going to add this to the challenge Twisted Thursdays over at the Outlawz.  TT1124
Thanks for stopping by,
Supplies:  Staz On, Acetate, Inkadinkadoo Stamp, Ribbon, Glass ornament, Sharpie Paint pen.  


8 comments:

  1. Sherry, You did a stunning job on your ornament. Love the horse in the middle he is just beautiful. Just a thought I have made a lot of those ornaments what I do to keep it from falling is punch a small hole in the top of the acetate and thread fishing line thru the hole and leave a little to come over the top so the cap will cover it and that holes the acetate up and you can not see the fishing line. Hope this gives you an idea.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ornament, Sherry!! I just love the horse in the middle and your look of snow!! Beautiful!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry, this is fantastic. Have a great time at the ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The image looks amazing. I thought it was store bought. Gorgeous!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a great time at the Ranch.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ornament, Merry Christmas, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! What a gorgeous ornament...I have sooo got to make one of these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Thank you so much for sharing. Where do you buy the acetate? Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10