Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Metallic Butterflies

     Since my butterfly die arrived in August I have pulled it out to use several times.  Each time I run it through the Grand Caliber and prepare to place it and I change my mind, the color doesn't seem right, it won't work with the rest of the layout.....as excited as I am by the die, I just couldn't seem to find a way to get it to look or work the way I picture it in my mind.  Then along comes the challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs to use metallic.....I knew I wanted to use my butterfly embossing folder and when I cut the butterfly die out in that wonderful shiny gold I knew I had exactly what I wanted.  Topped it off with a great scripture and now I have the card I was hoping for.  I am pretty low on my stash of this great paper and will need to find some more.

Thanks for stopping by:
Challenges:  ODBDSLC 84 Metallic


Materials:  Sizzix EF, Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 7 Stamp and Butterfly Stamp, CS, Gold Pen, Spellbinders Die, Memento Black Ink and Brilliance Pearlescent Jade.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card Sherry! The butterfly die is awesome and definitely perfect with this OBD Set! Thank you for playing the ODBSLC with us this week! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely. I love using butterflies for my sympathy cards. Love the embossing folder, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Sherry!! I just love the over stamping and your design!! The dry embossing on the white adds such elegance with the metallic gold. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful!!
    Love the elegance brought to this beauty by the shiny gold layer ... Now you're making me "need" to do a little shopping! ;)

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! Love the metallic butterfly framing! Wonderful scripture choice, too! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and the picture of you and your horse on your avatar is GorGeOUs! Thanks for the sweet comment on my train on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog...Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet of you to leave a comment on my blog! Thank you very much!
    Your card is so pretty with the beautiful butterflies, what a great touch to emboss one side in white, and very elegant with the gold butterfly frame!
    Enjoying the Third Day song! :-) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry, saw this on SCS and it blew me away - knew right away this was a winner!! You are so in tune finding the right elements to go with the Scripture on your cards - what a beautiful gift!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10