Monday, October 31, 2011

Blog Candy for my Anniversary - This post will remain on top check below for newer posts

     It all began several years ago when I joined Splitcoaststampers.....I was in awe!!  So many creative people and ideas....I could sit for hours and browse.  Notice I say browse because I was scared to death to leave a comment, I wasn't even sure I knew how.  As I perused the gallery I kept seeing things like "further deets on my blog at:" - what was this blog world and did I dare venture in?  Did I even know how to venture in.
     So began the research, one thing led to another and I created my first blog....my only post saying 'more to come'.  Then things got busy and when I finally got around to logging in Blogger had made some changes and I had lost my header and things were a disaster - LOL - was this really meant to be for me??  But that creative and competative streak in me kicked in.  I may be senior status at some places but that didn't mean I couldn't learn how to do this.   Blogger really did make it easy and  I got my header, and widgets all lined up and jumped in with my first post....I was even brave enough to begin posting on Splitcoaststampers!!!
     So here I sit a year after my first real posts - feeling pretty proud of myself for having gotten this far. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed following and visiting so many of you - and the fun I have had in challenges.  My husband laughed at me when I did the 'happy dance' the first time I won a blog hop.  I did an even bigger dance later when I was  recognized over at Our Daily Bread Designs and Stampin Sisters In Christ for some of my cards.
     It seems only fair I offer some Blogoversary Candy to those who check my blog out and make those lovely comments that bring a smile to my face.  With the name Stamping Cowgirl it only seems appropriate that my candy have a western theme.
      If you want to post my blog candy on your blog for others that would be great, if you become a new follower as well (mention it in your post below) I will put your name in twice....in the meantime if you leave a comment below on this post, at the end of the month I will randomly pull a number and send you the goodies below.  Thank you everyone in advance for the times you have inspired me and brought a smile to my face when I read your comments.....and thank you for challenging me to be more creative every time I visit one of your blogs.

There are a total of 20 sheets of 12 x 12 paper all Cowgirl, western trim and my fav Horse stamp.
If I find some more western themed things before the drawing I will add them to this.

8 comments:

  1. Love your horse themed cards. I am a new follower as well. Out stories are similar, I just started my blog last month. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.
    http://rockymtnpapercrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, your story sounds fairly similar to mine. My blog is coming up to its one year anniversary and I started out as petrified as you were.

    You have come a long way and you are doing a fabulous job.

    Happy Blogaversary and blessings on your day.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary Sherry!!! I remember being terrified too! Scared NO one would come to visit this little old gramma; scared they'd laugh me off blogger! LOL! I have met so many wonderful friends through this venture, and you are one of them! I so appreciate your heart for God and the sweet comments you leave! Your support of SSIC and ODBD is such a blessing to me! You have created a GREAT blog and your light shines!!! Congrats on this milestone!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, happy anniversary or blogiversary lol, I started out quite the same way you did, and I just started my first blog on Oct. 6th and I joined TO on the 3rd, I love the stamp set you have chosen, I don't believe I have ever seen a set like it, I love horses, they are gorgeous creatures. I look forward to my first yr as a blogger and hope people enjoy mine as much as they enjoy yours and so many others, you have a very nice blog and are very creative, tfs with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sherry, I remember seeing your first blog. You have done a fabulous job and your work is awesome. I still haven't figured out how to do the watermark. I love the cards that you have done for Our Daily Bread and Stamping Sisters in Christ. But, I know that it started with those wonderful western cards. Enjoy your trip again. Take care and congrats on your blogaversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed looking through your blog and I would have to say your western cards are my favorites as well, course I live on a farm so I may be biased there ;o) Congratulations on your one year blogiversary, that really is a great accomplishment. I think I'm in my second month, lol, but I absolutely love it. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog! Congrats on your first year. I started out just the same, and now have two blogs, one for the horses and one for my cardmaking. Blessed to find your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10