Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cowgirls Rule

     You would think now that my counter tops are in my craft room I would get busy organizing it....but after so many weeks of not being able to play I find myself sitting and playing around instead :)
     My daughter and I leave for the ranch in a few months and that has me thinking 'western' so I fooled around with a card I have been thinking of taking to the office manager when I go.  The challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs was to make your own embellishment so I stamped my horse onto polyshrink and made a medallion for my card.  I can't believe I am entering this without using one of their stamps (of which I own many) but this is the mood I was in today, I'll play with some of their lovely stamps later this week.  Also saw that over at CES Challenges they were asking for cards with red and this certainly fits that bill.


     I used a Martha Stewart punch on the bottom of my cardstock and then ran it through a paisley EF.  My stamp is by Inkadoo and stamped on plastic that I shrank down.  I then used some punches and a die cut to place layers underneath my embellishment.  The sentiment is from my computer and I used brads to attach it to the card.  




     

13 comments:

  1. beautiful card Sherry, in my sisters fav combo of colours and it has a horse on it, my fav creature, love horses
    Cindy Potentier

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and I like how you have used your Dies to frame the image. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card.Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really used the framing to make a wonderful feature of your horse medallion. Great card. Thanks for playing at Just add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the medallion you created! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. This is so effective. wonderful card Thanks for sharing it at CES x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, I found you blog on Outlawz. I'm a new follower. I love your blog. Would love you to drop by mine.
    http://dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    Hugs,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, the red is so striking and I love that medallion! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, and I really love this card! I found you at the OUTLAWZ! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card. The polyshrink horse is amazing, and looks great with the intense colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "free spirit" portrayed by this horse image shows so well in this card, and I was blown away by the red BG border punched and embossed. Love that multi layered place where the polyshrink horse sits - focuses the attention on him at first glance - great positioning and super card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so pretty. The office manager will love this card. So much detail in this card that you really have to sit and look at each detail. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10