Monday, October 24, 2011

Bwa ha ha ha Trick or Treat!!

     After not being in my stamp room for a few months I just buried myself playing.....for whatever reason I found myself focusing on Christmas and Horses, then it finally occurred to me that Halloween was just around the corner and I needed to get a few cards ready!!
     This is a card I made to send with a package to my son out west.  I doubt my kids will ever be too grown to not send a little package of goodies at Easter, Halloween, Birthdays, etc. (Christmas we are all together - yeah!)  Besides, He is one of my biggest fans and I think there is a good chance he has saved every card I have ever made him (One day I suspect he will meet a good woman and my cards won't mean quite as much). I know he will enjoy this one and the goodies I send with it.
     I have been playing with step cards and had this fab paper with eyeballs all over it, the idea of a graveyard for Halloween was just too good to let go of.  I stamped the cute little Kolette Hall Hampton Art stamp 3x's in a row and used my Copics to color the grass and tombstones.  The skull is a sticker from Recollections that I layered over some yellow/gold vellum for a spooky effect.  Trick or treat is a dollar stamp and the spider webs along the outside are a Martha Stewart punch....had a lot of fun doing this and can't wait to do a matching treat bag and get it in the mail.  Happy Haunting!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

Materials used:  DP, Recollections Sticker, Hampton Art Stamp, MS punch, Copics, Dimensioinals, 
Challenges:  Sentimental Sunday Challenge 78 Halloween,  Make It Monday Challenge 60, Dream Valley #18 Halloween

6 comments:

  1. FANG-tastic Halloween card Sherry..Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love that skull. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Looks like a lot of detail went into that card.( I am sure A. will love it.)
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, fellow Outlawz girl! I saw your card on MIM and thought I would stop by again. Love the scene - spooky! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME spooky card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooktacular Halloween card! Just love that skull with the graveyard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, your comments bring a smile to my face. Have a great day!!

01 09 10